Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday, January 29th

Hi Everybody! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. To everyone who came to see us at A's Fanfest, thanks for coming out. It was really fun.

7pm: The guys start off by playing the audio of The Blasphemy Challenge on Youtube. If you haven't heard about this, it is a group of atheists. They are asking people to send in video of themselves denying the existence of the Holy Spirit. This has become an extremely controversial issue. A lot of people are very upset with the Rational Response for their blasphemous ways. Of course, following this, "He'll F*** You Up!!" Hilarious.
Fox News' Brian Flemming is especially annoyed. We did not play the audio, but if you would like to hear the interview with John Tasich (guy from Blasphemy Challenge), here is the link.
Brad and Chris do not understand why you roll the dice on this one. Even if you just think there is a chance that you'll go to hell for that, is it worth it for a dvd.
Scott in Novato is down to do it, because he was raised Jehovah's Witness. He has gone away from the religion and has been shunned from his still-believing family. Chris and Dan pressure him into denouncing the Holy Spirit right now, to Brad's utter dismay.
Jeff in Napa does not understand why we are all arguing, if everyone is just a figment of his imagination. Hah! That is great.
To continue this hellish behavior, Dan takes the challenge. I think it was me saying that "all the cool kids are doing it." I was just trying to be funny, I don't want Dan's soul on my conscience.
This continues into a discussion of evangelical atheism. We are trying to stay away from what people's beliefs are, and focus on the debate of the Blasphemy Challenge.
8pm: The guys read an email from an angry listener. Marty is upset by our attitudes about the discussion of the last hour. I think Marty takes this show a little too seriously. He actually renounces both the Holy Spirit and The Gray Area in one email. That is pretty intense.
The guys start talking about "Rome" on HBO. Dan and Chris both really love the show. Sadly, I am poor, so I have no fancy HBO. I am just getting more and more bitter every second. They are taunting me to get digital cable.
Anthony from San Francisco calls in to give us another update on his relationship. His marriage is nothing but tumultuous and he has been updating us for months. Both he and his wife seem pretty volatile. He says today that they are finally going to get a divorce. This has, however, been said before, so I'm not so sure.
Ok, so we are now moving to "Top Dollar, Bottom Dollar." We are going over what you should and should not spend a lot of money on.

Top Dollar List:
- Brakes and Tires
- Anything your life may depend on - rock climbing equipment
- Dress shirts
- Shoes
- Cigarettes
- Coffee
- Watches

Bottom Dollar List:
- Cigars
- Milk/Butter
- Diapers

9pm: We continue the Top Dollar/Bottom Dollar List

Top Dollar:
- Hookers
- Pet Food
- Condoms
- Toilet Paper
- Mattresses
- Bras
- Tampons
- Beef and Seafood
- Liquor
- Mac and Cheese
- Tools and Knives

Bottom Dollar:
- Pet Toys
- Pet Food (Salvador disagrees)
- Chicken and Pork
- Rice
10pm: The calls for Top Dollar/Bottom Dollar keep rolling on. The guys start the with the song about pot, and that is definitely an example of top dollar.
Top Dollar:
- Firearms and ammo
- Wireless Service
- Tattoos
- Women's Bathing Suits
Bottom Dollar:
- Yogurt
- Shavers
- Restaurants
- Toasters
- Underwear
- Men's Bathing Suits
- Hookers (Tom in Pacifica calls to defend them)
- Aspirin
When talking about yogurt, Chris admits that he loves baby food. He says he would eat it all the time if it weren't for the mocking. That is so weird and gross. He is not alone as James in San Jose used to eat baby food when he was single.
My favorite thing on the list that Chris wrote is "Reading Classes." Why is this so great? It is the only typo on the whole sheet, and he meant "Reading Glasses." Sorry, I'm a big nerd and love irony.
With that, we are done for the night. I apologize to my mother, have a good night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,

This is Marty. The same guy who wrote in. I already apologized to Brad over the e-mail, but I wanted to make public my idiocy. I apologize to both Chris and Brad for what I said. I lost my shit and, frankly, I'm sorry. The only excuse that I have is that I had sand in my vagina.

Love you all.
Marty

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home